Friday 10 December 2010

New Fabrics


Now is the time of year when, as well as finishing some WIPs (as the mood strikes me), I am also full steam ahead for next year's new BOM.

Each BOM takes months to plan, prepare and test. So, at this stage of development, new fabric is needed.

You know I love stash busting, but I also have to take into account what's new and what could be worked in with existing stash bundles (that we all have and want to use). And of course, new fabric is inspiring, and helps me feel motivated to finish!

At this stage of design, I always look at fresh fabric designs to see what will work with my own sketches and vision for the next quilt.


I'm super excited about the next BOM...I think it will be the best one yet...and I'm pretty excited about these fabrics too...


 possibilities.....
 a few vibrant greens ...
 my new fusible batting and some Kaffe inspiration
(for my coffee breaks)
fabric that wants to be put to use!
 
 some backgrounds
 some zingers...maybe

Two liberty prints in green. I ordered these because I am planning on making myself a green shirt, but can't decide between the two.

The last one looks very Christmas ferny, so I probably won't go with it...but who knows ...
 interesting accents...

Ah December, a month of endings and beginnings....
before I stop for the year to wind down and appreciate just how special Christmas is, I have so much to do. I am pacing myself and hope to get over my list of WIPs to finish by the end of next week.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. These are some beautiful fabrics!! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at that fabric! I would love to just be able to walk out of the fabric store with arm loads of fabric! I'm just a teensy bit jealous. I can't wait to see what beauties you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fabrics!! They will make your BOM very special!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the fabrics!!! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, that's too much fabric!! It makes the mind boggle at what you must be coming up with for next year's BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esther, just wanted to thank-you for a year of inspiration!!! From the looks of the fabric...it will be another year!!!! Karen G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...