Monday 28 November 2011

A Visit to Lipica Church


After a day with the Lipizzaner horses, we explored the local area as well. I always like to look in on old churches whenever I get the chance. This church is an old church right in Lipica. Isn’t it beautiful?



 The walls are stamped, and there is also quite a lot of stencil work going on. I just loved the details. Light was fading fast outside, so the photos don’t show up as much detail as I’d like, but you can definitely get a feel for the place.




Maybe I see quilts everywhere, but the motifs here do look familiar



Just thought I’d share the moment with you…




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos love all the tile work. Just gorgeous.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see quilts even in pavements Esther???? But my goodness this church is full of quilt designs to come!!!!! Thanks for uploading so many photos’ of this wee church you really can get the feeling for it. It is very thought-provoking. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for showing us this beautiful church, I was at a Basilica in Iowa and it touched me so deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing. PatS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your photos of this beautiful church.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...