Wednesday 2 November 2011

WOW: Still Unpacking

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


This wednesday finds me still unpacking and downloading and just generally trying to get back into the swing of things. How did November get here so fast???

Yesterday there was much talk about the 7 billionth baby being born. One thing that really struck me this time around in Europe, Vienna and London was how densely populated the cities are. Maybe I hadn't noticed before?? Maybe I'm getting older and see things differently? Maybe it's inceased enough for me to notice? I'm just not used to so many people.

Well, last night I learnt that Australia is actually the 3rd least populated population... I hadnt realised this and I think that over the years I must have become accustomed to space! The statistics were something like: Australia = 3 people per m2 and the UK has something like 246 per m2. I think that's incredible.

When I see so many people in one place 'for no reason' well, I don't know what to make of it!
Speaking of populations and birthdays, I have much to catch up on before my own birthday later this week. I better get on with it!





2 comments:

  1. I grew up in Alaska and Oregon. I can't remember how many people per mile in Alaska, but it is the least populated state in the US. In Oregon we lived mostly on large ranches. So I'm not use to living in a crowded area. Right now I live in a town with a pop. of maybe 100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Netherlands we alas have even more people on 1 m2 than in the UK, we have 328. And we are a very small country. I'm actually a bit lucky because in the region I live there are much less than in the West part.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...