Wednesday 8 May 2013

WOW: Wednesday again...already?

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
 
Is it just me, or has May arrived rather quickly this year?
 
Yesterday I unpacked my sewing machine - it's been packed away for months, I simply havent had the room to put it to use (or the motivation to create enough space for it). I know how unlikely this sounds, but I assure you, it's been sitting there and I've just been too overwhelmed with WIPs and tidying up my 'creative space' to give it any time or attention. Well it's out of the box now and I've decided on some sewing to get me back into the swing of things.
First up is adding a collar to the stripe top. I just think everything looks better with a collar but so many tops that are otherwise fine just don't have collars anymore... so I've dug out some black and white print fabrics to add my own.
 
And whilst I'm adding on a collar, I thought I might as well make myself a shirt from some floral print I love. Surely having as much fabric as I do means I get to wear some of it?? I'm planning on sewing it up this week, so I'll keep you posted.
 
I love this print and I wear so much green it will be a nice shake up for my wardrobe...
 
So I'm getting my domestic sewing out of the way because I have bigger WIPs on my mind: the new Free Bom. There will be 2x launched this month, both quite different. I'm really looking forward to these quilt designs seeing the light of day and can't wait to tell you more in the next few days
 
What's Your WOW ?  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Esther, so nice that you were finally able to unpack your new machine Oh my I don't know how you could have waited so long. I know that life does get in the way. LOL I am looking forward to seeing your new baby. I just know I could not have restrained myself with a new machine sitting waiting for me to play. Hugs and am looking forward to some more of your brilliant creativity. Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...