Saturday 26 October 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Pomegranate

 
AmysCreativeSideThank you Amy for so generously hosting another Blogger's Quilt Festival!
 

 I love sharing the stories behind my quilts as well as hearing about everyone else's quilts too. If this is your first time to my blog, welcome and thank you for stopping by.

This time around the linky's are under catergories (it took me a while to work this out!) and I am listing this link under Wall Hanging Quilts.


 
'Pomegranate' 
quilted wall hanging
  
I designed Pomegranate as part of a series of 'vase' wall hangings. At the time I had a set of three designed and this is my first. Each being of a similar design with the same vase used throughout but featuring different bouquets. My other vases centre around the pineapple and rose as their main themes. The idea behind the vase theme was to have an installation of 3 vase quilted wall hangings, each one representing a positive homely trait and blessing.
 
 
 For this wall hanging, the Pomegranate symbolises fertility, wealth and abundance. And my other two vases represented hospitality and humility and love and devotion, respectively. My other two are still WIPs (like a lot of my To Do's....) This quilt is hanging up at home in my lounge room, a reminder for me to get on with my projects.
 

Like a lot of my wall hangings, I often enhance the fabric with embellishments and pen work. When I do this, I use the appropriate medium so that my embellishments are permanent and colour sure.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog...

 

10 comments:

  1. COOL! I didn't know you painted on this before seeing this. Thanks for sharing. I LOVE the Categories this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its' beautiful Esther - thanks for sharing I had not seen it before.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one - the colors are so brilliant! It took me a little bit to understand the categories at the show also and to realize that you can enter into all of them if you wish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love it. Nicely done. Love all of your work and what great skills you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still a favorite, but then I love things red. Glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt as you know I made two in blues.LOL your work always makes me smile. Thanks for featuring this gorgeous quilt. Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, your work is totally awesome!!! And pomegranates are one of my favs along with all the wonderful shades of red.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...