Tuesday 15 October 2013

Love Entwined: Part 5 is Launched

More lovely flowers!
 

The four hearts on each side of the vases have always stood out to me. You know, I've spent a lot of time considering the original quilt and, in balance with the circle hearts and polka dot cross of Part 3, I keep falling in love with the elemental repetition. I feel like our mystery quilter was repeating her herself on this quilt top, designing an idea and repeating it. After all, it is a marriage coverlet and I have allowed myself to assume that the maker was thinking about the elements of love in her own world and how they applied to her whilst she was dilligently sewing this beautiful work. A likely fireside scenario? Or overly romantic thinking? Who knows? We can only know about our quilter from what she left us as her legacy - the design.
 
Without these extra four hearts repeated around each vase, there would only be a circle of hearts on the east and west sides of the design; but alongside the vases, the four hearts are repeated twice in every corner of the square. That's 48 x hearts in total. Definitely a heartfelt design!
 
Yes! It's already been 5 months since we started this heirloom journey. Usually my blocks are only available for free for 1x month, however all the blocks including Block 5 are still up for free in my Yahoo BOM Group - I don't want anyone to miss out on starting this historic quilt.
 
This is where we are, quilt wise:
The vases are related diagonally.
 
 
OK, you know what to do with Flower Vase 2...
If you haven't started yet - don't worry, either have I! With one thing and another I'm just not ready, so don't be discouraged or hesitant to join 'late', we're all working at our own pace and you're welcome to join us any time.
 
 
 
‘Love Entwined 1790 Marriage Coverlet’ is a Free 18 Month Historic BOM
Each ‘block’ of the month is released monthly, on the 15th of each month. All ‘blocks’ are available for free during the month of their release. Any missed ‘blocks’ may be purchased.
All ‘blocks’ are available for download via my Yahoo BOM Group only

For those of you waiting on Lily Rose, it will be released tomorrow. I always release patterns and BOMs on the 15th of the month, but when a BOM is already running, additional BOMs are released the following day.

 

4 comments:

  1. Esther, I'm new to your blog (and diligently working on part 2 of Love Entwined). May I also download the Lily Rose pattern to do at a later date? I don't want to miss any of your patterns, they are all so beautiful. Joan in SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely-I am behind at the moment as I am finishing other things - that is ok though, I will get caught up one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a little holiday so got behind, but not too bad I am just stitching down the first corner. Am loving this quilt, so unique that each corner vase is filled with such a lovely variety of flowers. You are awesome Esther.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...