Wednesday 2 October 2013

WOW: Chintz Distraction

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
 
I was completely lost in this book all day yesterday. I'm officially going through a chintz phase now. There's always room for one more book...or two, even when you're attempting to downsize (as I am supposed to be). But when I saw Chintz Quilts over on Sally's (feather on a wire) blog I knew I'd get a lot from it. On Friday I was busy preparing for a weekend workshop, but found a few hours to drop in on Quilts In The Barn. Luckily I had an opportunity to buy this book in person and not pay extra for shipping.
 
 
And whilst I was there I had to buy some chintz fabric too. I did decide that I wouldn't buy any new fabric except for specific quilt projects and in limited amounts- but chintz is my new exception. Now, I am stash busting most of the time, so I didn't buy much, but I am in love with what I did bring home.
 
 
The best thing about collecting chintz fabric and reading about chintz fabric is how inspirational it is, I can already feel the urge to design a new quilt. But first I'll have to get some WIPs finished. It's really getting ridiculous, all my WIPs. I'm too busy to finish anything but seem to find the energy to start completely new things. Or not...I still haven't started Love Entwined!

12 comments:

  1. Loving all the reds, maybe another red themed quilt :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know where all the beautiful yellow chintz went. LOL! It was sold out when I left the front counter and went to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the chintz that my LE is based on. I purchased some in July and have used it in the broderie perse for LE. It is just lovely to work with as well as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not much sewing for me lately but I will get caught up on LE soon. love the chintz! do not usually see it much here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I snapped up all that I could in the yellow/ mustard chintz. There was 3 metres left and they allowed me to buy 2. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found some chintz online from a shop in Texas at happinessisquilting.com
    I also have not yet started my LE b/c I have been procrastinating about colour selection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabrics, Esther. How much do you usually buy? Is 2 meters what you usually aim for. I have no clue how to build a stash of this kind of fabric. I looked for that paint box print you showed in a previous post and no one has any yardage any more. Don't know how much good the 10" squares would be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book looks wonderful, and the fabrics are fabulous. I bought some of these chintz at the Birmingham quilt show and hope to use them in LE.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great chintz are also available here:
    (in the Netherlands)
    http://www.dutchquilts.net/shop/

    I love those too, have fun with your new book

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just learned something new today, never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the fabrics are gorgeous. A chintz LE perhaps? This must have been the reason why you haven't started yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do I tell you about the lovely local girl on Etsy that is selling some gorgeous chintzes I could not resist a little of everything. Motifsbyhand. She is in Canberra. Have the book and would have dearly loved to get to QIB but it was not to be this year..
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...