Wednesday 3 September 2014

WOW: LE Stems Finished

WOW = WIPs On Wednesday 

I've had some serious quilting time open to me these last few weeks, and I've put every spare minute to use. My hand embroidered stems are completed. And I love them. They don't look like  much right now, but I can see the bigger picture and its wonderful.

The only thing is, the vases look a little plain to me now. I've just pinned them for this pick, they aren't sewn down yet. So today, before I start thinking about my flowers, I'm going to embellish them in harmony with this quilt: which is fussy and embellished and full of love. I think they need it. And I'm going to work as I go, I don't have any firm ideas yet...


What's Your WOW?

13 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how quickly you are getting this done. It is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working around the clock from 7am to 8pm. I'm on a mission!

      Delete
  3. Love it ! I need more time in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your version of this stunning quilt! I now have a plan for mine, time to get it out of hibernation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome work so far!! if you feel they are a little plain I can see some light embroiderie around those dots, it will enhance them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there will be plenty of embellishing on this quilt, it needs lots of detail and fussiness.

      Delete
  6. well, you started after me, and already you are ahead. congratulations on all your hard work, it's just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only imagine ti time you have put into that quilt top. So much hand work! I'm sure you will come up with something to fancy up the plain vases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL hand sewn, I try not to think about the hours already invested, its too much and I'm not even half way there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful to see your progress on this beautiful quilt, I picked mine up since I saw yours... thank for inspiring me!
    groetjes van Marijke
    The Hague, The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...