Saturday 3 March 2018

BOM2018: Morning Glory, Flipping My Centre!

You know how I went to all that effort and 'pounced' my quilt top centre to transfer the pattern design? Well it turns out I was just overthinking everything, as usual. In fact, I don't even know why I wasted any time thinking about it at all. Because in over thinking it, I unnecessarily complicated it. I'm just one of those people who needs to get stuck in and find ways around challenges on the spot. When I give myself time to think it over, I usually think it into a complicate knot system.
So obviously, the most logical way to transfer the applique design onto a dark background is to first trace it onto transparent paper (I used baking paper which I think is also called grease paper),taped together to get the square size. I traced the design down. Then I pinned the shapes down, reversed.
And I did all this 'automatically' as I was progressing with my applique. It was only once I was half way done that I realized that I didn't need to do it... because I had already pounced the design.
 Yes, really. 
 So anyway, I decided to keep going with it because it just made sense to.
 When all my pinned pieces were in position, I then flipped my paper over
 and wiggled it into perfect placement
 Now, I already had my bias stems in place, so this is why I didn't need to transfer them.
 I lifted the paper, and unpinned the shapes in segments, leaving them in position on the background.
And now I will glue baste them into position for sewing down later. 






Morning Glory is my current paid BOM. It's an applique and pieced quilt. 

You can start this BOM today! 

Simply click the quilt image to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...